iCRAG and Geological Survey Ireland (GSI) are delighted to invite potential postgraduate student supervisors to submit proposals to its new Environmental Geosciences Postgraduate Programme. Up to eight PhD projects will be funded.
Proposals for postgraduate projects are sought under the following research themes with specific focus on geoscience research:
- Climate Change
- Climate Action
- Geoscience and Health
- Marine Geoscience
Themes of specific interest to GSI include:
- Applications of IODP data for marine geoscience.
- Research optimising GSI hosted data (Tellus, INFOMAR, international datasets, etc.).
- Increasing capacity and internationalisation of GSI-funded research to date.
This scheme will offer research opportunities for academic researchers affiliated with, or supported by, a recognised SFI eligible research body. The list of eligible SFI research bodies can be found here.
Potential applicants must:
- have been awarded their doctoral degrees no later than 31st August 2015. For this condition, the date of graduation will be considered.
- not currently be primary supervisors or lead investigators on iCRAG projects.
We explicitly invite female researchers to apply.
Deadline for applications
The deadline for applications is 12pm, Thursday, 29th March 2018. Late applications will not be considered.
A full and complete application comprises the application form and the applicant’s CV including appendix. Applicants must:
- use the template provided;
- upload the application to the online system in PDF format: Environmental Geosciences Postgraduate Programme 2018.
Please consult the document Instructions for submitting applications to the iCRAG -GSI Environmental Geosciences Postgraduate Programme before uploading your application.
Please send any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.