Studying Ireland’s seabed provides a fundamental understanding of offshore resources and natural hazards. This research seeks to add value to Ireland’s existing flagship seabed mapping programmes, providing return for investment pertinent to industry and societal needs.
Research activities are focussed on the following areas:
- Development of offshore stratigraphic models
- Enhanced seabed evaluations
- Continental margin dynamics
- Quaternary Seismostratigraphies of Irish Shelf Seas (QuSISS) - Dr Zsuzsanna Toth
- Coral Carbonate Mounds as archives in Submarine Canyon Exchange - Dr Aaron Lim