Earlier this month iCRAG coordinated the Energy Transition Theatre at the European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers Annual Conference in Vienna, Austria. The theatre was located in the exhibition hall of the Conference and its programme encompassed an array of energy transition enablers with talks on CCS, Geothermal, Offshore Wind, Critical Minerals, Public Perception and Education and Public Engagement. The iCRAG-led lunchtime panels drew large crowds and facilitated engaging discussions on how institutions and individuals can play their part in accelerating the energy transition. iCRAG researchers and operations team members presented technical talks and participated on the panel discussions to highlight the pivotal role of research. With hundreds of attendees each day the conference was an excellent opportunity to showcase the Centre on a European stage.
- Dr Aline Melo: The petrophysics of the Limerick Basin
- Dr Duygu Kiyan: Harnessing geothermal energy in Ireland
- Emer Caslin: iCRAG: An academic perspective on transition
- John Walsh: The evolution of the energy transition
- Elspeth Sinclair: Engaging with the next generation of geoscientists and EPE in action
- Tom Manzocchi: Compression-based modelling of the Ross formation in Clare.
- Dr Francesca Martini: Social science and humanities research, and understanding public perception and the earths resource sector;
- Victória Susin: Insights into the Limerick Basin geology through 2D seismic reprocessing
- A panel discussion on “How subsurface businesses and institutions are evolving to support the global energy transition” Moderated by Emer Caslin (iCRAG). Panellists included: Dr. Roya Dehghan (Equinor), Prof John Walsh, Ann Robertson-Tait (GeothermEX), Dr. Ellie MacInnes (CGG) and Dr. Gehrig Schultz (EPI Group).P
- A panel discussion on “The individuals driving the energy transition: How geoscientists and engineers are repurposing their knowledge and skills” Moderated by Francesca Martini. Panelists: Augusto Correnti (Shell), Lisl Lewis (SLB), Tom Manzocchi, Jonathan Redfern (University of Manchester), Bingmu Xiao (CGG), Carla Martin-Clave (Jacobs)
Emer Caslin, iCRAG Business Development Manager said: “iCRAG was pleased to host the Energy Transition Theatre at EAGE. The event was an excellent opportunity to showcase iCRAG’s research activities, and capabilities, in this rapidly growing sector. Our researchers work closely with industry partners in the search for solutions to challenges that face the energy transition sector so we appreciated the opportunity to engage with the sector in this forum. We look forward to working with new and existing partners on collaborative research projects going forward.”
For more information on energy transition research at iCRAG visit the energy transition section of the iCRAG website.