A number of iCRAG members have been appointed to Royal Irish Academy Science Committees, which advise the Academy and input into the programme of work that the Academy undertakes.
Climate Change and Environmental Sciences Committee
- Dr Jean O’Dwyer (iCRAG at UCC)
- Laurence Gill (iCRAG at TCD)
- Peter Croot (iCRAG at UG)
Geosciences and Geographical Sciences Committee
- Dr Eve Daly, Dr John Murray and Dr Tiernan Henry (iCRAG at UG)
- Quentin Crowley, Prof. David Chew (iCRAG at TCD)
- Prof. Frank McDermott (iCRAG at UCD)
The committees aim to promote co-operation across and within relevant scholarly disciplines and to advise Academy engagement in these areas. The committees exist to provide scientific and scholarly expertise and to promote the value of the sciences, humanities and social sciences. They do this through their programme of work combining public engagement events, expert statements, responding to Government consultations and working with relevant international unions.
More info on the RIA committee here.